About Me

Background

I am a Registered Nurse and l have been working in the nursing industry for a number of years. l graduated from a Nursing diploma program in Ghana, West Africa, in 1989. Before I came to the United States, I worked in the Labor and Delivery, Postpartum (Mother and Child) Surgical unit as well as in clinics in Ghana’s remote areas and in its capital cities of Accra and Kumasi.

l have enrolled in the CUNY School of Professional Studies program because l want to improve my health care skills using technology. Today, technology is everywhere in our lives and most importantly it has become a significant part of patient care. l’ve observed that it saves money and time. For example it’s helped give healthcare professionals easy access to patient data and as such improved early intervention care. l want to ensure that I have more than adequate technical education and increase the standard of care required for my profession.

Change Me!

A unique thing about me is that l am a Ghanaian of the Ashanti people. I am also an American citizen and l love wearing my traditional Ghanaian clothes. There is something regal about our fabric and delaborate designs.