Welcome to my e-Portfolio, my name is Natty Duque and this e-Portfolio will exhibit all the classes I have taken in my Masters degree program. There will also be a page about me, academic work, disability identity, program reflection, resume, and a contact page. This e-Portfolio will demonstrates the skills, I have gained throughout my work and educational experiences.

My goal for completing this e-Portfolio is to complete my last course in the Master program and demonstrate my passion for helping individuals with disabilities. I also hope to demonstrate with a disability we can accomplish our goals instead of preventing our selves from pursuing what we want in life.

Once I receive my Master degree in disability studies this will allow me to find a better-paying job in the disability support field and to live with more financial security. I want to assist individuals with disabilities to accomplish their goals, give them emotional and good support system. Everyone is different and should not be compared to other individuals with the same disability or without a disability. Maybe one person’s goal is to learn to brush their teeth, while another’s is to receive a college degree, but I know with compassion they have a better chance to accomplish their goals.

Individuals with disabilities are not less than an average person; they should love themselves for who they are. Individuals should not compare themselves to another person or feel they have to compete in society to blend in with a “normal” person, when in reality who is to say what is normal. There are different type of individual with disability some require help with everything due to not being able to have an average cognitive as other individual. I feel each individual needs to be treated with respect no matter on the disability they have, but as a human being in society.