About Me ...

My Name is Maziely A. Crisostomo. I am a native New Yorker, more specifically a Brooklynite. I come from a mixed background; my mother is from Guyana a country in South America and my father is from Dominican Republic a country in Latin America.

I completed my Bachelors of Arts in Sociology from Hunter College in 2010. Since then I have worked in the area of youth development and have grown a vested interest in guiding young adults as they navigate through their adolescent years in High School.

I began my graduate studies at CUNY SPS as a Youth Studies Student in January 2013. The program exposed me to a wide variety of rigorous courses related to Youth Studies. Once I completed the program I decided to explore disabilities studies as my next academic major. My time in the disabilities studies program has been both enlightening and rewarding. I transitioned from working in non-profits to now being within the field of higher education administration.

In my final semester of the program my plans after graduation is to continue my work within the higher education field. My ultimate goal is to create programing for high school aged students that provide them with exposure to college level course work and college access counseling.