I would say the main theme of this course is to show the similarities in their reasons for migrating among Jews, African Americans and Native Americans. All three groups did not migrate of their own free will; they all left to find a better way of live for their families.  They were all treated like second class citizens, inferior to whites. From this week's reading, World of Our Fathers: "What Maldwyn Jones says in his history of immigration holds for the Jews quite as much as for other national groups: "The motives have been very similar from first to last: a mixture of yearnings for riches, for land, for change, for tranquility, for freedom, and for something not definable in words...a readiness to pull up stakes in order to seek a new life."

I think what has made the greatest impression on me in this class has been the excerpt of "The Warmth of Other Suns," --I loved it so much I went out  to Barnes and Noble and purchased the book. (It's pretty ironic because I remember the first week of this class saying I was so happy I only needed to buy one textbook; and here I am running out to buy a book on my own! It impressed me that much.)

I have had some craziness at work in the middle of this course so I'm thankful for the two week deadlines; I've been playing "catch up" but hopefully will be all caught up by this week's end.  I still have a lot to research for my final paper, but thankfully I am really happy with the topic I have chosen, and that's half the battle. I hope to devote a major chunk of time to it this weekend and will post any problems/questions I come across here.

To my classmates (and especially my team members) I'm sorry I haven't been posting as much as I should. I promise I'll be looking at your assignments this week and leaving comments for all!