My goals are to graduate college top of my class, obtain a job in my field, grow within a company, start a family, and be happy. I want to be financially stable and be able to help support my family. Critical thinking is vital to my goals because it will enable me to be a logical thinker more than a rational one and I feel as though the tools I learn will allow me to make better decisions in life.

In life the only things I wish to accomplish and hold on to are family, happiness, my career, and being able to travel. My major is Health Information Management. I chose this major when my grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and now I watch her struggle paying doctor's bills. A better understanding of medical insurance, and billing and coding will help me implement a plan for my grandmother so she can live comfortably. I plan to work in either a hospital or doctor's office doing billing and coding, coding analyst, or doing insurance claims. Some my interests are writing poetry and I think it would be helpful to my career because whenever I am feeling overwhelmed by work or stress I can write to release my thoughts.

To me, critical thinking is the ability to make logical decisions using reasoning. For example, in my career, I am going to be assessing medical insurance, etc. and I need to be able to differentiate whether to use formal or informal logic when it comes to insurance claims. Also, if an issue occurs with an insurer, I need to be able to make the best decision based on the argument not te inference.