During the semester, this class has enlightened me on how to hold decent conversations and share my thoughts on the 20th century.

My final project was an interesting topic to research. The topic touched on the global history, social and cultural life of different people. I have always wanted to learn about different people and cultures and determine how such cultures shaped the world to be what it is today. These interesting topic has made me look forward to start the semester, so that I can start delving into academic materials to learn more about the historical processes and cultures of different places.

The main factor that drew me to the topic for my final project was historical events which took place in the 20th century. Some of the events which attracted my interest in the topic include World War I, the Great Depression, and World War II. I wanted to understand the causes of these events and how they influenced the world. I wanted to learn about how some of the actions of political leaders and other influential individuals in society could have triggered the occurrence of these events. After researching, I learned that some of the unfortunate events such as World War I could have been avoided had leaders exercised prudence. I also learned about how political tensions between regions could lead to a widespread conflict and about the effects of some events such as wars on people’s lives and the economy.

After studying the topic over the course of the semester, my attitudes towards have not changed. I still find it fascinating and I hope to research about it further so that I can learn more about the world and the major events that have helped to shape it. Some of the lessons I learned from taking the course include the influence of leaders on the world and how various events can shape the future of a region.