Photo Credit( www.eastbayinnovations.org)

WHAT MAKES ME UNIQUE ? 

I've always had an innate passion to help others, and as a child growing up I was always taught that God has a purpose and a plan for everyone. I strongly believe that God’s purpose and plan for me is to help individuals who are unable to help themselves. God's gift, my passion, my dream, my job is to work hard to ensure that individuals with disabilities as well as the undeserved population are all treated equally, as well as living productively within their communities.  So what makes me UNIQUE? I truly believe  the  things that makes me unique is, my determination, my dedication, my passion and my commitment to helping those in need is what makes me unique.

" I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed, We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

DR. MARTIN LUTHER

I selected the video, “Meet the voices: People Helping People with disabilities” because to me, it represents how I feel about working with individuals with disabilities.  As a Program Director who oftentimes play the role of a Medicaid Service Coordinator (case manager), I am not always successful with assisting the families I work with, but when I am successful it gives me the most rewarding feeling.