Photo Credit: (www.bitsofpositivity.com)

Hello everyone and welcome to my e-portfolio. My e-portfolio is an accumulation of the projects that I have completed during my time as a student in the Masters of Arts in disabilities studies program. My interest in the human services field began in an Intro to Sociology course that I had taken at the College Of New Rochelle. I was impressed by Erik Erikson’s theory of development and the idea that personality is shaped over a lifespan. I believe that providing positive experiences later in life can heal trauma experienced in early childhood. I also believe that social service workers could be the “positive experience” that helps individuals with disabilities in obtaining a better quality of life.

I chose the e-Portfolio because I believe that this would be the best platform to showcase my work creatively. In addition to my welcome page, my e-portfolio also includes a section about me, the academic work that I have completed while attending the Master in Disability Studies program, at the CUNY School of Professional Studies, my resume and my contact information. 

I really hope that you enjoy viewing the information in my e-portfolio as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Success is no accident.  It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing.

-Pele