My name is Brie Bailey and I am a senior at SPS, majoring in communication and culture. My college career has been quite varied. I have an AA in applied science majoring in mortuary science and have studied English, Law, forensic science and classical mythology. I hope to use my communication degree to become a teacher and also plan to pursue a career in the funeral industry. I cannot imagine committing to one career for the rest of my life and believe that continued education will make me a well rounded and successful individual.

In my spare time I enjoy reading, traveling and spending time exploring London with my family. I also have a passion for animals and am a huge proponent of animal rescue. I feel that people need to consider adoption as an alternative to spending large sums of money on pure bred animals. I believe animals are for life and that people should consider the importance of pet ownership before adoption- animals are not just gifts, they are forever. I am in full support of NYC becoming a "no-kill" city and hope that this happens in the near future.

I am the mother of two beautiful children. My daughter, Esme, is 2.5 years old and my son, Noah, is 1.5 years old. I enjoy nothing more than spending a lazy Sunday with my family and look forward to the adventures that motherhood brings. Motherhood is my biggest challenge and greatest joy.