Course Description:

This course engages students in the planning, conducting, reporting and evaluation of research. A survey of methods characteristic of the social and behavioral sciences is included, with emphasis on those most closely related to the study of communication and culture.

Leedy, Paul. D, and Ormrod, Jeanne E. (2001). Practical Research: Planning and Design. (7th Ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.

()bookstore.mbsdirect.net

Course Reflection:

This course helped me develop a critical mind while learning about research tools and design. The assignments helped me to better understand how to go about  my Senior Capstone.

Course Assignments:

• Content Analysis is an assignment in which students had to gather media sources from both left-wing and right-wing media outlets and write an analysis of the content.

This assignment demonstrates the Critical Thinking, Communication, and Cultural Diversity and Social Responsibility competencies.

• Analyzing a Population is an assignment where I had to pick a selected segment of a population for analysis. This was related to the preparation of my (then) Senior Capstone.